Dry Ice Blasting
How Dry Ice Blasting Works
Dry ice blasting is similar to other media blasting techniques (often called "sandblasting", informally). Media blasting propels a material at high-speed against a surface, typically using compressed air. In most media blasting, the material used to clean the surface is abrasive, scouring the surface clean of any contaminants. Dry ice pellets are used for dry ice sandblasting, and they're virtually non-abrasive.
So how does dry ice blasting clean the surface? Through a combination of thermal shock and gas expansion.
A dry ice pellet is a form of solid carbon dioxide with a temperature of -109degF (-78degC). When a dry ice pellet strikes a contaminant, rapid heat transfer occurs. This heat transfer causes the contaminant to contract and detach from the surface. This rapid heat transfer also causes the dry ice pellet to vaporize, changing the pellet from a solid to a gaseous state. This state change is accompanied by rapid expansion, knocking away the loosened debris.
Advantages Of Dry Ice Blasting
- Equipment can be disassembled or cleaned quickly without the need to cool it down. This reduces shutdown time.
- Deep cleaning--the pressurized air stream can reach areas that are hard to reach using traditional cleaning methods.
- Dry ice is easy to clean because it vaporizes into a gas and leaves no waste behind. The only material to be cleaned up is the original contaminant.
- Environmentally responsible--dry ice pellets are pure carbon dioxide so don't leave behind any toxic residue. (Although the contaminants on the surfaces being cleaned may themselves be toxic.)
- Non-abrasive--because dry ice pellets are virtually non-abrasive, they won't damage the substrate of the surface being cleaned.
- Non-conductive--dry ice doesn't conduct electricity, making it suitable for cleaning electronic equipment.
- Dry cleaning method--because dry ice goes directly to a gaseous state from a solid one, dry ice blasting can be used when a dry cleaning method is required.
- Dry ice blasting is an effective way to remove Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria bacteria from stainless steel, ceramic tiles, and food-grade plastic surfaces. 
What Are The Advantages Of Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry ice blasting is a safe, clean process that is approved by the FDA, USDA, and EPA. Dry ice blasting is a safe, clean process that has been approved by the FDA, USDA, and EPA. It will not harm surfaces and eliminates harsh chemicals, extensive cleaning, or time-consuming scraping. Dry ice is a food grade material that is safe for commercial use and does not produce secondary waste streams, residues, or moisture. Because they sublimate, dry ice pellets can clean cracks and crevices without becoming lodged in challenging geometries.
Dry ice blasting has many advantages. The media is non-abrasive, non-toxic, non-flammable and food-industry safe. It is non-destructive, and compared with other methods reduces downtime for equipment and facilities. Dry ice blasting can be used to clean parts and finish surfaces with holes or cavities that are smaller than 0.015". Although dry ice sublimates too quickly for reliable measurements at smaller sizes, it is possible to clean cavities as small as 0.003" (0.0762mm).
White Lion - 20 Years Of Experience In Dry Ice Blasting
White Lion is an expert in dry-ice treatment. With over 20 years of experience we are one of the most competent pioneers of this technology. Dry ice blasting was one of the services we offered at the start of our history. The devices that were available to us at the time inspired us to develop our own machine. The impressive can be seen today. Our machines can easily comply with high requirements. Our mission is to provide the most gentle, long-lasting and effective dry ice treatment. We would love to impress you with our knowledge and expertise. Competent, motivated and engaged employees are waiting for you to find the right solution for your challenge.
The Technology of Ours
Dry ice is non-abrasive and does not cause damage to surfaces. It's also non-toxic and inflammable. It is also chemical free, water free and does not create secondary waste streams. Our dry ice blasting equipment features unparalleled technology that can be used in a variety of industries and applications.
The Benefits of Dry Ice Blazing
- Increase efficiency Clean equipment online, while eliminating need for cooldown and disassembly.
- No secondary waste Dry ice blasting does not produce secondary waste streams, residue or moisture.
- Dry Ice is non-abrasive and will not damage substrates.
- Cleaning and retooling of machinery and tools results in improved quality parts and less scrap.
- The Operator Safe eliminates the need for chemical products and manual repetitive processes.
- It is non-toxic, and it is not conductive. Dry ice can be used commercially.
Get Started Today
Get Started Today
Laser cleaning has many benefits.
Laser cleaning provides a variety of solutions to fit different needs. Laser cleaning offers a low-cost, durable solution, ranging from portable, handheld products to automated, larger 1,000-watt machines. It doesn't require a special environment to store equipment, and laser cleaning is about 15 times faster than abrasive hand cleaning and eight times faster than dry ice blasting. This means you can get your product clean in half the time.
Compared to dry ice blasting, laser cleaning is safer for operators and employees. It doesn't use any harmful gases and can be used even in the smallest or unventilated places -- so long as everyone in the immediate area is wearing protective eyewear. It's also non-damaging and can be used in any environment, as long as everyone is wearing protective eyewear. Additional benefits include:
- Simple to use
- Environmentally friendly
- Doesn't require cleanup
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance
Our Cleaning Methods Are Epa, Fda And Usda Approved
Dry Ice Blasting is the new way to clean! This is a superior option to chemical and pressure cleaning, as well as media blasting. Also known as dry ice cleaning or CO2 blasting, it is the process where dry ice pellets are propelled at supersonic speeds onto the surface to be cleaned using high pressure compressed air (up to 200 psi).
This process is also much faster than hand and chemical cleaning, sometimes 3-5 times faster! Dry ice blasting eliminates the need for equipment disassembly meaning reduced downtime. Dry ice blasting is very efficient at cleaning around and in hard to reach areas without damaging sensitive components.
By sending nanosecond length pulses of laser light towards a surface, laser technology quickly and efficiently removes contaminants from surface areas. When it interacts with contaminants that absorb laser light, the contaminants or coating particles will either turn into a gas or the pressure of the interaction will cause particles to free from the surface.
Laser cleaning is effective on soft and hard surfaces. Laser technology is ideal for cleaning metals and also removes:
- The Mold
- Other contaminants